Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Periphery - Collected Demos



Genre: Mathcore/Technical metal/Experimental
Favorite tracks: Insomnia, Beyond, Imaginary, The Focus Hour, More Juggies
Woo! This is my first post as a new member of this collective. I'll try to keep my shitty post-hardcore to a minimum. ;)
This band has to be one of the best up-and-coming bands I have listened to in a long time. They combine a ridiculously technical form of metal/hardcore with a very experimental approach to lead guitar. They really like to dual and triple layer the guitar tracks so you get these crazy-heavy rhythm sections with these really harmonic, droning, lead sections. It's all instrumental too, which is something I very much enjoy. They are in the process of recording an album but all of these demos are record studio quality because one of the band members has his own studio set-up. Definitely check them out. You will be pleasantly surprised. Oh, and don't mind the weird techno by them in there. Some may like it but I'm not a huge fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment